Part 2 of snack #2 of 4 snacks featured in my 4 Vegan Gluten-Free Snack Recipes video.
Homemade guacamole is so darn easy to make and way cheaper than buying it store-bought! I happen to think it tastes better too, and you can adjust the seasoning to your preference. If you haven't made your own guac yet, this will do it for you! Pair it with my Baked Tortilla Chips and you're in business! Added bonus: you don't have to pay extra. 😏
Prep Time: 5 to 7 minute
Cook Time: 0
Total Time: 5 to 7 minutes
Yield: 1 cup
Click here to download the PDF version of this recipe!
• 2 tbsp. cilantro
• 1/2 a small to medium tomato
• 2 to 2 1/2 tbsp. diced red onion
• 1 ripe medium avocado
• 2 tsp. juice of a lime (substitute lemon juice)
• 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper or to taste (substitute chili powder)
• 1/4 tsp. pepper or to taste
• 1/4 tsp. sea salt or to taste
Prep your produce. Finely chop the cilantro and dice the tomatoes and red onions. Cut and scoop out the avocado meat into a medium sized bowl.
Add the lime juice to the avocados and mash till the avocados are smooth.
Throw in your cilantro, tomatoes, and red onions and mix.
Season with the cayenne pepper, pepper, and sea salt.
Taste your guacamole before serving to make sure the seasoning is to your preference. If not, add a little more seasoning at a time.
• Traditionally, guacamole uses minced jalapeños, but I can't cut jalapeños because it burns my fingers so I use cayenne pepper instead. The cayenne pepper is just as tasty and still adds a nice kick!
Written recipe for snack #1 - Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Written recipe for snack #2 - Baked Tortilla Chips (Part 1)
Written recipe for snack #3 - Cranberry Chocolate Energy Balls
Written recipe for snack #4 - BBQ Popcorn
MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Also, comment below to let me know how yours came out!